This delicious recipe was shared with us by a lady who calls herself “The Kitchen Fairy”. I will put in a link at the end where you can view this and other recipes of hers.
Here is ” The Kitchen Fairy’s” modified delicious cinnamon roll recipe!
I baked cinnamon rolls today but since I have bazillion homemade apple sauce and whatever apple goodies I made from the apple pickings the other week, I used a little in the dough, and obviously given the smell as well as the flavor, they are more apple pie-ish.
For these apple pie rolls, I added some chopped walnut. You can omit it if you don’t have any, don’t like them or are allergic to walnuts. I just wanted to use up my stock in the pantry 🙂
My kids are not big fans of icing on cinnamon rolls, so I did not drizzle any, you may obviously do so if you’d like some!
- 1 tbsp flax meal soaked in 2 tbsp water
- 250 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 500 g flour mixed with 60 g icing sugar and a pinch of salt
- 170 g vegan margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp homemade apple sauce (store bought is fine)
- 1 handful walnut, chopped
- 2 small apples, skinned, chopped
- a handful of raisins
- according to taste add coconut palm sugar, nutmeg & cinnamon powder
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in water, let stand 5-8 mins, until bubbly
- Pour yeast into flour mixture, stir a little with wooden spoon
- Add in flax meal, followed by melted margarine, knead (dough will feel a little wet)
- Cover with cling wrap, let rest for an hour in warm area
- Place dough on floured board, roll flat
- Sprinkle generously with coconut sugar, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, raisin, walnut and apples.
- Roll, slice, place into baking sheet, let rise for 30 minutes
- Bake for 20 minutes on preheated 350 F oven
As mentioned before you can add some icing on top to finish it off. Enjoy, and please feel free to give us some feedback!