I have always struggled to eat oats which we all know is one of the most healthy options for breakfast. This morning a tried something new OAT AND APPLE PANCAKES.
WOW! totally delicious – also gluten free, vegan and healthy.
Here is the recipe : (SERVES 2)
1 apple grated
1 apple sliced
100 ml milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar or 1 Tablespoon honey
3 eggs beaten
2 Tablespoons plain yoghurt
- Blitz the oats to make a flour. Put it into a bowl and add the most of the grated apple. Add the milk, cinnamon, sugar or honey and beaten egg. Mix it up and let it stand.
- In another bowl mix the yoghurt with the and the remaining grated apple.
- Heat up the non stick fry pan and spoon in the pancake batter. (make sure that the pancakes don’t stick to each other).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and the bottom turns golden brown , the carefully flip them over and cook for another few minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with freshly sliced apple and the yoghurt mix. You can also add a few berries for colour and garnish.
(recipe adapted from The Pinch of Nom, by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone page 22)
Source: KITCHEN RESCUE 9-WINE-WINE
Sounds great! My mom used to make apple pancakes when I was small and then later on I used to make them. It was just a regular pancake mix, but then I simply added thin sliced apples and put them in after I poured the batter on the skillet. I’ll have to do it now with a good healthy batter mix! Thanks for reminding how good they are!
Thanks for the feedback Don, glad to have reminded you of something you really enjoyed. Please feel free to share your version and I would be happy to share it for you with our readers.