I have always struggled to eat oats which we all know is one of the most healthy options for breakfast. This morning a tried something new OAT AND APPLE PANCAKES.
WOW! totally delicious – also gluten free, vegan and healthy.
Here is the recipe : (SERVES 2)
1 apple grated
1 apple sliced
100 ml milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar or 1 Tablespoon honey
3 eggs beaten
2 Tablespoons plain yoghurt
- Blitz the oats to make a flour. Put it into a bowl and add the most of the grated apple. Add the milk, cinnamon, sugar or honey and beaten egg. Mix it up and let it stand.
- In another bowl mix the yoghurt with the and the remaining grated apple.
- Heat up the non stick fry pan and spoon in the pancake batter. (make sure that the pancakes don’t stick to each other).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and the bottom turns golden brown , the carefully flip them over and cook for another few minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with freshly sliced apple and the yoghurt mix. You can also add a few berries for colour and garnish.
(recipe adapted from The Pinch of Nom, by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone page 22)